CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Aarika Poem

You know what happens when you snoop through your kids stuff? You find things that make you cry. I found this poem that Aarika wrote for her composition class and it made me feel so good inside. We have had quite the year with her, ups and downs and lots of stubborness. I asked my dad why does the lord give agency to children when they don't know how to use it and he told me that Satan wanted to take away our agency and wanted us to just follow without choices. Well I guess that is probably the hardest thing about being a parent, when your kids make choices you know are going to bring them misery but from trials comes growth and thats what we are all here for. When I start doubting what I am doing as a mother thats when Satan gets a hold of me and I have to step back and remember to have faith and I know that the Lord keeps his promises if I just do my part. Then you find things that make you realize that inside your children they know whats right and will come back to what they know is right. Thats what keeps me going. So here is the poem that I found. It made my heart just feel so good.

My mom is Superwoman
She does so much in just one day
There's no way superpowers don't come into play
Her superspeed get kids to sports
While making dinner and finding the lost shorts
Her super strenght is comparable to none
How she fights the evil of 5 girls and crazy of 2 boys
And yet we still get that homecooked meal
Heat vision is the only way I feel
If you looked under the clothes,
Stylish but stained
I just know you'd find and S
above her heart so strained
She tries to do it all
She does the best she can
No one can do what she does
Not even superman.

Thanks Aarika I love you!!!

1 comments:

Nicole Cave said...

I don't think she will fully appreciate this poem until she is doing all of those things herself one day!! You are a superwoman though! I have always thought so myself.