CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Aarika and McKenzie Homecoming 08'

Two of my beautiful girls.

What would we do without sisters.













Today was homecoming and I got up at about 8:00 a.m. and got ready because of course the girls didn't have their shoes yet. So we went shoe shopping this morning and got home at about noon and thats when the hair started. I started with Aarika's and then McKenzie's and then Stephanie's and finally Jennifer. It took me five and a half hours to do all their hair. Lots and lots of hair. It was a long day today but it was worth it, these are the things as a mother that I cherish. They were once so small and now they are so grown up. To much for me, I wish they were little again. I feel like when me kids were small all I could think about was I can't wait for them to be big and now I wish they were small again. When people used to tell me "oh they grow up so fast" I never thought I would get out of the stage of my life of being pregnant of nursing a baby. When I was in that stage I thought it would never end but then one day you wake up and its all over and you say where did the time go. Its fun to see the stages of their lives but I don't think I am quite ready to let go and let Aarika go to college next fall. It kind of makes me sad actually it makes me very sad but I am also happy for her to move on to the next stage in her life. It will take me a while to get used to and then McKenzie will be going. Yikes it seems like they were just playing dress up and playing in their little kitchen. Little piece of advice to all of you who are in the pregnant or nursing stage with little ones, enjoy it. Even the days where you just want to quit your job, just stop and take a breath and enjoy them. Well enjoy the pictures.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Oh my gosh you did such a good job. My daughters are in trouble.....I don't know how to do hair. They both looked so beautiful. You deserve to be a proud Mama.

Johnsonsblog said...

You did such a good job! I don't know how to do hair either oh no. I was raised differently! Thanks for the advise I will try to charish every moment with them!

Nicole Cave said...

Ya, I know it goes by fast...it seems like yesterday that I was going to homecoming and mow I am old trying to keep up with stinky kids. I know that I will be extremely sad when my kids go off to college. I can't even think about that. What are you doing on Halloween? Dallan wants to play with Austin...what if we took him for the weekend!?