CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 14, 2008

Aarika's Eighteenth Birthday

Aarika at one year old, isn't she adorable.Now at eighteen not much has changed she is still adorable.

Forest Fire.








Well she made it, for a while I didn't think she would but she did. Yes Aarika is 18 finally she says, I say man we are officially old Michael. I am happy for her it is a milestone in ones life, I remember my eighteenth birthday I was a freshman in college Yikes!!! To her dad and I she is still a little girl, but as she reminds us often she is not. This is the time in your childs life that you wish you could just rewind because its happened so fast. We are really excited for her but to think that in less that a year she will be gone away to school is a little sad. Its wonderful to watch the changes in our kids lives and the growth. I am so thankful for her she has been a light in my life. Michael and I took her out shopping and to dinner at MiMis we had a lot of fun. Then we came home and had cake with the rest of the kids and Uncle Jerad and some of Aarika's friends. After that Aarika, Mckenzie, Stephanie, Jerad and Daniel went to see a movie. It was a great day. I love you Aarika thanks for being who you are.

1 comments:

Nicole Cave said...

Happy Birthday Aarika! You are going to look back on that day and be amazed at how much more you will learn and grow from here on out. I know it sounds preachy but, the choices that you make in the next few years will really determine your life from here on out. You are a great girl though...I know you will be fine. And, you are still adorable!!