CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

McKenzie's Poem

Mckenzie had an assignment today at school and she had to answer question of where I'm from and make a poem. It was great and I wanted to share it with everyone. These are the things that make a mom cry.

Where I'm From
I am from my mom singing to me before bed.
The smell of her perfume.
Waking up to country musis playing in my house.
Singing "I am a child of God."
I am from smells of Sunday dinner.
Fried chicken, brownies, and chocolate chip cookies.
I'm from my papa giving me two ice creams, one for each hand.
I am from making mud pies in my back yard.
Having lemonade stands, and pool parties.
I am from playing football in the street with no shoes on.
Jumping on the trampoline with the spinklers under it.
Not being able to play outside after dark.
I am from "You can get glad in the same pants you got mad in."
"Remember who you are and what you stand for"
"Did you do your chores"
and
"I love you."
I am from parents who expect me to set a good example for five younger siblings.
I am from learning to cook, clean and take care of kids to working on cars with my papa. Learning if I want something I have to work for it.
I am from Michael and Tiffanie Gonzales.
I am McKenzie.

4 comments:

Nicole Cave said...

You can tell she is one of the oldest in the family. She is a good girl...great poem!

Andy said...

Great writing comes from a big heart. McKenzie, you are one of the most caring and compassionate and well-rounded young ladies I have known, and it's wonderful that you let your parents know how thankful and proud you are to be their daughter. Well done!
-Mr. S.

Michelle Campbell said...

Beautiful!! What a gal. I loved the poem... and the glasses. They look great on her! Your blog is wonderful and I love the pictures. I still can't believe you have 7 kids, but they all seem to be great. It almost makes me want to have 7... hmmm.. I don't think that would fly with Clint though. haha.

Vicki said...

Hey Tiff,
I'm glad to have your blog address. Thanks for the advice:)
Your family sounds like they are doing so good. It's amazing how old all of our kids are getting. I can't imagine having a senior and yet I have a freshman. It won't be long.
Thanks for keeping in touch.